Epitome Of Riles: A blog especially dedicated to my writings and thoughts on current events and everyday life as I see it. Please feel free to drop a comment or two; better still share with me your blog link and I might just pay you a visit.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A note of thanks

It has been three weeks since I first started blogging and I’m happy to report that I’m enjoying it! And that said I intend to continue as long as I can find the time and means to do so – both of which I have aplenty right now. If time and means is the yardstick of wealth, than I’m just damn rich and second only to the clerks in a government office in Putrajaya.

You see, blogging allows me to talk about things that I until seven months ago took for granted. There was a time in my life that I could talk a lot about cars, politics, music, etc and even get into nonsensical discussions and debates just for the fun of doing it – thanks to the available corum in a form of an Arham and Norhafeez and the topics being mostly inspired by Old Mike. Not to mention the daily dose of preparing submissions, affidavits and the excitement of cross examinations.

In a pathetic attempt to fill that void, I than resorted to agitating Ahmad by deliberately differing in my opinion from his (though I actually agree with him most of the time – which of course he doesn’t know), scrutinizing and patronizing his every opinion all for the sake of sparking an argument or debate if you like… which tends to become heated… very quickly. This I suspect is the reason why poor Ahmad has turned rather riley and short fused of late. And I suspect why we can even debate on the concept of syukur in the context of choosing a 6 inch or 1 foot Subway sandwich for lunch! It is at this point, I would like to sincerely record my sincerest apologies to my dear friend, Ahmad.

It is for this reason I started blogging to deter (no, restrain is a better word) me from agitating people like poor Ahmad and not to mention my wife, my mother and my kid sister. Plus by blogging I’m able to share my thoughts and ideas with the readers and even the world and that certainly is miles better than two guys debating over lunch.

Which brings me to the very reason of this entry, to thank and extend my warmest appreciation to my readers, friends and family. Special thanks to Benign and Tinta Al-Murabbi for their guidance, ideas and not to mention comments. Thank you to En. Amirul Bond for sharing ‘Epitome of Riles’ with his readers.   

Thank you also to Paie and Hope for their valuable comments and interest in my renderings. I had suggested to Paie to start up his own blog so he can share his simple theory on when anything goes wrong in the world it is because of the jews, when anything goes wrong in Malaysia it is because of the PM and when anything goes wrong in the company it is the management. I’m not sure whether he’s interested to take up my suggestion though.

And of course, bucket loads of thank you to my follower for life, Ainul Mardziah.

Thank you all!                    

2 comments:

  1. wah.. dah pandai buat link... kewlness. Hang try la godek godek tools yang banyak tu. Banyak benda baru yang aku sendiri pun baru dapat tahu.. bila nak letak iklan? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in good time, bro. Check out my feedjit. I'm now looking for a cool clock. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete