Epitome Of Riles: A blog especially dedicated to my writings and thoughts on current events and everyday life as I see it. Please feel free to drop a comment or two; better still share with me your blog link and I might just pay you a visit.

Friday, November 19, 2010

If I have 200k to buy a car...

If I have RM200,000 to buy a car today, I would seriously consider buying any one of these second hand:

1st Choice - Volvo V50
 

... In RED with 18 inch rims, thank you.

2nd choice - Audi A4 2.0T
Yes, I'm fully aware that this is not the latest version of the Audi A4 but this one has the same 2.0 FSI found in the VW Golf Mk V but with a boot and a better badge.

3rd and final choice - Alfa 159


This car is no. 3 because it looks good but it doesn't drive as well. Plus, assuming I can get it for RM130,000, I'd probably need the other 70,000 next year when it breaks down in Gurun on the way back to Alor Setar. And because nobody drive's an Alfa in Kedah and because the mechanics there  probably couldn't even find the bonnet hatch and go 'pa nama... pa nama?',  I'd probably have to tow it back all the way to KL. But what do you expect? It's Italian and therefore built with the life span of a mosquito in mind. But when you buy an Alfa, practicality and economics should not be on top of your priority list. Just be stupid and follow your heart. And because it's such a beauty I'd consider being stupid!

Yes, with the same money I'd probably be able to get my hands on a BMW 3 series or a Mercedes C-class. But I won't because the BMW is a rich papa's boy toy car and the likely choice of Mr. MLM - who'd probably have it for one Hari Raya and part with it two months later due to drop in sales, and the Merc, well everybody drives one hence making it as exclusive as a Myvi.

Now because I don't have 200k at the moment and I doubt I will any time soon, I'll have to make do and be contented with this...



And mine is black by the way. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment