Epitome Of Riles: A blog especially dedicated to my writings and thoughts on current events and everyday life as I see it. Please feel free to drop a comment or two; better still share with me your blog link and I might just pay you a visit.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

That dreaded feeling!

Birthdays used to be a big thing for me. It’s pretty much the one day I would keenly look forward to aside from Aidilfitri. Nowadays however the slightest mention of either would entail a certain dreaded feeling, the latter being with the simpler reasoning of the two.

Aidilfitri for an adult means one thing more than anything else… money! Yes, money that I am quickly running short of. Hence the immediate cause for the dreaded feeling.

Birthdays however require a lengthier explanation. You see, I am a young adult on a mission to achieve a specific vision or goal to which I constantly push myself. I imagine myself being in a certain social and financial position or rather stature if you like before I reach 30 – I would gladly share my visions here except that I feel it’s a little bit personal. I’m turning 28 this coming Thursday but I’m no where near that vision. It all seems blur and getting more blurred by the day. Not Lumut to Pangkor Island blur but instead Kuala Kedah to Langkawi Island. And yes, the latter being out of sight rather than blur.

No, come to think of it, ‘it’ being personal has nothing to do with my reluctance to share it here. The culprit I suspect is embarrassment. Yes, embarrassment. The fear of self mortification. I’m so far from that vision that sharing it here would be plain sad and pathetic. Hence the reason for this dreaded feeling right now.

Now that said, if you know me, please do not wish me a happy birthday because if you do or intend to, you might as well call me a ‘loser’!   

Wait a minute! I think that this ‘thing’ against birthdays is quite common amongst fellow adults. After all any men in the right frame of mind with a goal or vision would share this sentiment; which leads me to draw the conclusion that the only adults enjoying birthdays are either one of the following:

(i)                 He’s successfully achieved his goal in life – which is probably because his life goal is to able to say ‘dada’ in which case it was achieved when he was one, which in  turn makes him a goal less adult which now explains why  he is contented with just a Proton Saga BLM

OR

(ii)               He’s slowly dying of cancer.      

No comments:

Post a Comment